Wednesday 23 July 2014

Coming soon...The Year One Collection!

The Year One Collection...well nearly!
The Ion Age is going to be one year old next month and as I have been hinting at we are going to mark the new month of August 2014 with a monthly miniature and a review of the whole year.  This means that in the early part of August we will be putting a page up on our website that contains the 'Year One Collection' with the option to purchase any of the miniatures from the last year that were given away freely in orders.  There will be the options to purchase each miniature on its own or the set with a saving.

You might have noticed that there are only eleven miniatures in the image here and a handy Ion Age logo covering the twelfth.  This is purposeful...no early looks at it as I want it to be a total surprise to mark our first year.

We do listen to feedback and hundreds of 15mm science fiction wargamers asked us to make the free miniature an item for normal purchase so we did.  It was not our original intention to do this and as I have said before I found it rather upsetting that so many people publically insulted me for giving things away free in all orders.  In any event we will keep making free monthly miniatures and who knows what Year Two will bring.  Thanks as always for your support.  I love 15mm science fiction and from nothing we have gone a long way already.

Thanks for Reading.

GBS

8 comments:

  1. " I found it rather upsetting that so many people publically insulted me for giving things away free in all orders"
    Really? wow, I think its great, love these character minis, I need a few of those, especially the skull guy, so will buy the set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. I had thought on not putting that paragraph in but its the truth and its nice to have messages of support. We appreciate your custom. GBS

      Delete
  2. People are...funny. As they say you cannot please everyone!

    Cracking collection BTW/

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bob. No you cannot please everyone but I keep on trying. Trying to put some fun and soul into the hobby before it gets lost completely. GBS

      Delete
  3. Who complains about free stuff?!? I'm sure there is some sort of therapy for that disorder! LOL.

    I'm glad to see the free figs offered for sale. I love the retro look of the Ion Age line and will be placing an order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people throw unpleasant mail at me every time I say anything publicly but hey its ok. Freedom of speech is totally cool with me. We are aiming for a line of miniatures that is its very own much like Flintloque is, where wargamers can play and collect as they wish. Thanks for your support. GBS

      Delete